Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bad Mom Advice #1

I have been having some issues with a female colleague - she has "forgotten" to invite me to meetings, "forgot" to include me in correspondence, "forgot" to get me involved in project documentation (as I have worked on similar projects and know the "lessons learned"). Out of frustration, I spoke to my mom and asked what I should do.

"Victoria" my mom said. "Just ignore her - she is obviously just jealous of you. Just put your head to the grindstone and continue to work hard. Hard work will always get rewarded and she will repect you for your work ethic..."

So believing that my mom knew best, I chalked up the non-invitations, silent treatment, and general lack of involvement as an oversight and kept working my a$$ off. Because "good things happen to good people", right?

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! (deep breath) WRONG!

This back stabbing harpy stole all my ideas and hard work, passed them off as her own, received accolades from top executives, and I got lectured about "getting my act together and start buckling down".

Lessons I learned:
1) sh*tty things happen to good people
2) hard work doesn't get rewarded - stealing other people's work does
3) ignoring things doesn't make them go away - it just makes for more opportunities to get screwed, and not in the "hey, there's Hugh Jackman and he's walking over to me while simultaneously peeling the shirt off his magnificant chest" kind of way
4) always make sure that your floor has a work elevator - it is the PERFECT place to duck into when you need to scream obscenities at the top of your lungs and kick the crap out of cardboard boxes

I wish I lived in early-Melrose Place era: I would stomp up to my enemy with my short skirt and smart blazer, seethe "you BITCH!" from my perfectly pouty lips, throw them into the pool, and then sleep/ marry their brother/ father/ ex-husband/ son and get my revenge....

2 comments:

  1. You sort of lost me at Hugh Jackman....

    *shakes head* But back to reality, luvvie, I can totally take that bitch for ya - go incognito with dark sunglasses and a kerchief around my head. Or maybe something out of Get Smart... You know, where that guy hides in the most peculiar places.

    HOnestly, you have to get out of that work environment. If the company doesn't realize that thisbitchis lying and stealing all your good credit, I'm positive you can be better aprpeciated somewhere else!

    *kisses*

    Zoƫ

    ReplyDelete