Monday, February 22, 2010

Introductions...

Hello Everyone!

Before I start my ranting and raving and putting my 2 cents in on everything under the sun, I wanted to introduce myself...

My name is Victoria and I am a West Coast girl at heart. I grew up in a conflicting family environment - I was encouraged to go to University and "bring home the bacon" but I was also told that my role was to find a husband and be the perfect homemaker.

If I had to describe myself in 30 words or less, I would say I was "Angelina Jolie trapped in Snow White's body - a true extrovert trapped in an introvert body". I am a Sociology major with a minor in Psychology and Criminology, and I spent alot of time watching and studying people's behaviour in different social situations.

I had a pretty rebellious teen years ("hellooo, I'm with the band...") and early University years (I am censoring this part, at least for now...) before calming down and finding (and marrying) the man I adore - but not before kissing A LOT of frogs and shedding a lot of tears. Looking back, I realized I should have followed my own "rules" instead of listening to others (sorry, Mom...).

One reason I am starting this blog is because I wanted to mix the advice that loved ones give us and shed some "truth" on them but with alittle humor and understanding. I asked my friend Zoë to start this blog with me - she is the radical to my conservatism, the light-heartedness to my seriousness, the fun singleton to my smug-married, the flighty to my both-feet-on-the-ground.

I hope you enjoy our rants and remember: We told you so... :)


***

Cheers my lovelies!

Zoë here, the singleton to my smug-married friend Victoria. She's a doll, I just adore her. Too bad she's married. ;)

Victoria and I are very much opposites in many ways - I'm an East coast city girl and she's West coast. I'm Uptown, she's Downtown. I'm often in flats while she's in heels. She'll wear a turtleneck while I'll wear a black bra under my white blouse. We certainly make quite a pair. You should see the confused looks we get when we make our routine stops at Starbucks.

I was a Nerdy Nancy when I was a kid, brought up by my Welsh parents who kept my nose to the grindstone. Straight A's were everything to them and I was scared shitless to rebel until I was in College - when I met Ryan who introduced me to the lovely Fetish cultures of the world. Today I'm a sex therapist by day and a Burlesque dancer by night. (My lucky audiences know me as Cerise.)

When Victoria proposed this blog idea, I thought it was genious. (She is as breathtaking as she is intelligent by the way.) We both have such different perspectives on all topics, undoubtedly from our different backgrounds and paths taken in life, that I'm positive we will teach you quite a few things, and hopefully have you consider events from different perspectives.

Feel free to email us any questions at
HonestChix@gmail.com or comment on our posts.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment